Friday, November 16, 2007

Uncharted

So Uncharted for the PS3 is here and it's something of an AA game and something of a TPS. If I had to think of a simple way to describe it, it'd be something along the lines of: Uncharted is like Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones got into a blender and made a videogame smoothie.

I know a lot of people have short attention spans so I'll sum up everything I'm about to say right now: at least rent Uncharted.

Uncharted has got some of the best environmental effects I have seen ever. If you jump into a lake your clothing becomes visibly wet. If you pull out your pistol and shoot at a toucan it will squawk and fly off in a panic. The gameplay is fun, which is all you can really ask for.

The game's NPC intelligence is top notch, unlike many games where your targets are basically running the same A.I. as the ducks in Duck Hunt. Enemies will duck and cover in reaction to your offenses making it a real challenge to take them out. The voice acting is good as are the ambient effects around you. My only real complaint is that the game is much more muscle than mind. As fun as slaughtering can be, sometimes a challenging puzzle is equally fulfilling.

Much to my dismay I find the game much too short. But! It does have a lot of replay value through unlockables.

No comments:

Post a Comment